Sunday, September 15, 2013

Northshore Sunday Trail Run

I decided to use this blog as a diary of sort, so I'll be posting the majority of the details of my runs on here going forward rather than directly on dailymile or Facebook for those who care to read.  Hopefully the posts won't be too boring.  If I was to rate this run on a scale of 1 to 10, I would put it at about 9.5.  I think this may be my 2nd or 3rd longest trail run, I'm not sure.  I felt very good during and after the run which amazed me because I had just finished fasting Saturday evening from 24 hours of observing Yom Kippur.  That was a 24 hour fast from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday with no water and no food.  
Lake Grapevine at Northshore Trails

At 8:45-ish after the sun set I started hydrating and eating like crazy.  Before the run with my usual trail buddies this morning I took in some more hydration, was out of GU, all I had was one of those 5 hour energy shots, so it had to do.  I set out to do about 6 miles not knowing how I would be feeling. After 3 miles I felt mighty strong, so I figured I could do the whole 9 miles (as I thought it would be).  The course ended up being a little over 10 miles, I felt like I could have went a couple more at the end.  Not sure if it was the slightly cooler weather that helped or that 5 hour energy shot.  Afterwards had breakfast with the group at Fuzzy's Tacos, absorbed a little bit more knowledge regarding training and race strategy from my coaches conversation.  Pretty good start for Sunday leading to a weeks vacation from work.  Now time for some stretching, foam rolling and NFL Football.
Post-run brunch at Fuzzy's Tacos



-TNT-

1 comment: