Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Better in numbers

I knew that joining a run club would be a big help in my training, but never knew how much. Since joining the Dallas Running Club, my marathon pace has improved dramatically, from about 9:53 to 8:46.  When I was running solo, I was running too many miles and too often.  I was running probably 5 days out of the week, now I'm running about 3 times per week with the group and maybe once on my own.  I've learned a better way to do speedwork and on long runs I've learned how to adjust my pace depending on where I am in the run.  I've also learned a  lot of new run terminology and runners' etiquette.  Not to mention making new friends.  In the half marathon coming this Sunday, my group plans on running the whole thing together in our own pack.  All 12 of us.  In my previous races, I ran solo.  I enjoyed all of them, but I think I would have enjoyed even more with company when I think about it.  I'm really looking forward to it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment